Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Estate Sale Madness

If You Were Brave Enough to make it to our sale....

So I've been on a "Postponement" period from continuing my blog for three MAIN reasons.
 
First, because of My CRAZY life  right now AND because I'm still trying to learn everything about blogging, editing, gadgets, templates, google + tutorials, plus photo taking and editing (I'm at the very remedial level right now but planning on improving) and of course the 2nd reason being, I'm so busy reading other peoples blogs, and did I mention, learning?

But here's the REAL  and 3rd reason...I've been incredibly busy with an Estate Sale.  Oh Where At.... you may ask? Well right here in my house and Garage. It has taken weeks and weeks to prepare for this sale.  I hired my daughter and a good friend to help me prepare.  Now this was no easy task in any way because it meant MOVING OUT (into the pod) all the things I want to keep for my new place...wherever that turns out to be, and not soon enough by the way - I will explain that in another post...I Hope, but yes I'm moving!

The many many years of collecting and selling items in different spaces over the last 20 years have resulted in having too much to load into the portable moving pod (now sitting in my driveway). So the many weeks preparing; cleaning, pricing, displaying, etc. was done and we were ready to open our doors to the long line of folks that had informed us they were coming.

Here is some work in progress
notice all those nice clear tubs with christmas balls sitting there, well they're not out front  within easy reach anymore, they are all crammed into the back and have furniture up against them - that means christmas decorating will be done with whats been "left out" from the sale...hmmm..?


 We went to bed the night before completely exhausted but ready for a good nights sleep, and when we woke up early for coffee and our opening day, guess what we woke up to find in my driveway......?



 EIGHT INCHES OF SNOW...EEECK! 

But Then.... two hours later guess what we found again out on our driveway? 

YEP Lucky Us.....Another 6 inches to shovel again.  Actually...It was my fabulous daughter that did all the work.....thanks honey! 






Needless to say No line-up of people a mile long. But we carried on anyway and luckily there are treasure seekers out there willing to take the risk in a blizzard!
 
 
 
 
 
Here are just a few photos of finished spots after unpacking, cleaning, pricing, displaying, and cleaning up.
 
 
 
 
 

 
And Now it's time to pack it all up again and get some very simple Christmas decorations out, in order to prepare for the inevitable move that will be happening....someday soon...I think.
 
Thanks for reading, Till next time........
 

 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the snow pictures, especially on the patio chairs. Yeah, I can imagine that was a little bit of a shock. We're still sortakinda lucky for now, only an inch once or twice, but it's in our forecast for this week, snow coming from the Prairies and cold from the Arctic. I'm finally starting to understand the snowbird concept. Glad you had some desperate... I mean diehard shoppers come out.

    ReplyDelete